Monday, October 8, 2012

The Whole Famdamily

 As part of our family reunion we got family pictures taken.
Let me just say, that I don't really enjoy family pictures
because there seems to be a lot of complaining and whining
that goes along with the picture taking.
And then there are the kids comments as well.
Add that to the whole stress of what to wear, 
and it just seems to be a miserable time.
As a matter of fact, we haven't had very many family pictures since
Trent was 12.

But while we were all there we managed to stand together and we don't
look completely horrible, so there is that.
 Here is one of the three kids.
Hard to believe how grown up they have become.
And the one with the spouse.
And I do kind of like this one of me and Diana.  
Glad I took my glasses off so there wouldn't be a glare.
And here is one of the whole extended family, except for the niece who was on her honeymoon, and my brother who was in Seattle.  Probably the best we will ever do in getting this many people together at the same time, especially now that the teenage boys will start heading off on missions.
So yay for the end of another family picture taking session.  And we are all mostly still talking to each other, so it is all good.

9 comments:

farmgirl said...

Ahhh...family pics. Such a joy, Mike's instruction to the kids the very few times we have had family pictures is "Just do what Mom says. She's in charge. Just do what Mom says, it'll be over faster that way."

Super cute pics and HELLO?! You are so skinny!

Nutty Hamster Chick said...

Thanks Mary Ann, I think it is an optical allusion. Hello it was the middle of a family reunion, but we were all trying to be good and so we didn't quite do all the usual treats. Good news Bad news, you know. I was actually quite surprised to come home from my two week vacation and have lost 2 pounds. I really need to do a post about it. On the list, not sure when I will get to it. You know how it is.

The Webber's said...

Cute pictures!!! Definitely family picture success. You are so skinny and look great!!

Nutty Hamster Chick said...

Thanks Brooke, I keep thinking that the weight will come back any day now. We shall see.

Smart Helm said...

Just tried to post and it wouldn't go.. trying again. I love big family group photo's... and Family Reunions are the best!

Leticia said...

Pat,
I do check your blog! I love all your updates! YOUR family is awesome and so grown UP! I can't believe you have grown men! ANd Diana...WOW beautiful! YOU look amazing! A super momma!~ Say hi to your family from us! I am seriously so exhausted...at times I feel like your blog title... I am running...running ...running!
Xo,
Leticia & Family

Nutty Hamster Chick said...

Leticia,

Thank you so much for your kind words. I can't believe that anyone even reads my blog anymore. It is crazy how grown up my kids are. I check in on your blog now and then also. You have the most beautiful pictures and your kids are goregous.

See ya in cyber space.

:)

Eliza said...

Great pictures! Too bad there wasn't any BYU paraphnelia around!! (I loved that Christmas card!) You look fantastic!!!!!!

Welcome to the Garden of Egan said...

Such great pictures. You are all pretty stinkin' cute!