Friday, January 9, 2009

Things that make you go hmmmm.....

This is a picture of a house that is around the corner from me. I drive past it many times a day. I couldn't help but be amused by the sight of the homemade scarecrow wearing some one's bathrobe and a plastic bag for his head. And then in case robeman can't do the job, there is transparentman there for extra measure. From the sight, I can only guess that the owners of this house are trying to grow new grass. But do you notice all those pigeons sitting on the roof? Well many of the times I drive by, those birds are helping them selves to the buffet of seeds on the ground. Apparently they are not afraid of the big bad Robeman Rob or his sidekick Transparency Tim.
Here is a closer shot of the dynamic duo. Are you trembling in your boots? Or would you like to sample the tender juicy seeds, lying just under the soil?
Here is one shot I did manage to get of some of the birds feasting. But seriously some of the times the ground was just covered with pigeons. It was a total convention, like something from the world buffet at the Rio.
I detest pigeons by the way. Burt and I from Sesame Street, do not see eye to eye on this one.
I have a bunch of pigeons who like to hang out on my roof. Apparently there is some appeal to my roof that I fail to see. Anyhoo hanging out includes leaving their deposits of disgusting bird poop all over the place. So I pretty much classify pigeons as the spawn of Satan.

8 comments:

April said...

Those scarepeople are hysterical!!! I love how the birds just ignore them! How frustrating for the people trying to plant grass tho! RUDE BIRDS!!!

I just had an incident with birds 2 weeks ago resulting in me falling. I swear they were going to attack me! Instead they continued to poop on the car they were resting on. All 100 of them! I swear there were 100! (ok maybe 10...but it felt like 100 which is why I fell. I was so busy watching them....making sure I wasn't in a Hitchcock horror film).

Kristina P. said...

What is going on with this house? Freaky!

Allison Barnes said...

I am with you on the pigeons. I despise them! I allow my kids to shoot them with their bb guns.... I know, I am terrible. But they poop in my pool, sit on my roof and wake me up early in the morning!

Leticia said...

OK..That is seriously SO funny!!!
Alfred Hitchcok the BIRDS movie!!
I hate pegeons!!
I scare them from my roof too!!!

Heidi said...

I wonder if those people just keep putting out more seed and then more birds come and more seed and more birds. Some ought to call Alfred.

Smart Helm said...

I really HATE pigeons too. I actually have a post I'm gonna do eventually on them. They look like rats with wings, they come and scare the cute little sparrows away from my birdfeeder, and leave big poops on my patio. EW.. ICK.. BLEH...

I think Adam shoulda named them Pooper Rats instead of Pigeons.

Shelle-BlokThoughts said...

LOL...are you kidding me right now? Totally am speachless...got nothin'!

sara said...

That's sad for them. Do they just not notice all those birds on their roof? You should do the neighborly thing and put these pictures on their doorstep.