Saturday, May 10, 2008

Home again, home again, jiggity jog.

My mom and sisters all had to leave quite early on Saturday morning. I had a nice leisurely morning watching my sister in law be mauled by her four small children. Jessica you are amazing. That is all I can say. Meeting the needs of so many, by yourself most of the time. Keep up the good work. Finally I figured that I better get on the road myself. I got everything back into the car. I made a quick stop at Macy's and got some 5 gallon containers for food storage. You don't see those at the grocery store in Vegas.
Then I hit the road. I didn't even stop until I got to Beaver. You can't drive by Beaver without stopping at the cheese factory. Well you can, but that is not as much fun as stopping for squeaky cheese and an ice cream cone. So that is precisely what I did. For any of you who may be unaware of the joys of squeaky cheese, I am sorry for you and that is all I can say. What is not to love about cheese that squeaks. And I am not even a mouse. It is truly one of the good things in life. My Grandma Tanner would always make sure she had cheese curds in her fridge when we came to visit. Whenever I eat it, I think of her. It is yummy, get yourself some if you are ever near a cheese factory. Then I indulged myself in an ice cream waffle cone. None of the flavors sounded that good to me, and so I just got plain vanilla. Boy was it scrum-dilli-umptious. Yes that is another of my made up words, but it fits this situation, so I am using it. In fact this ice cream was so good that I almost ate it all gone before I thought to take a picture of it. It was so good, that had I not been almost to Cedar City, when I finished it, I would have gone back for seconds. I continued my trip home, stopping in St. George for lunch. I made it home by 4:00, part of that whole thing of it being faster to go back to Vegas. I walked in the door and up to my bed, without even unloading the car. I have been pretty tired all week, but am so glad that I went. Now I will have to change the count down on my blog for next year. Only about 360 days to go. Yippee!

4 comments:

Stephanie & Brad Bishop said...

I LOVE squeeky cheese. We used to get it near the Logan Cheese factory when we visited my Grandma in Weston, Idaho. Remember!

peacekeeper said...

Fun to see all your pics and hear all the stuff i missed hearing while you were here. glad you had so much fun. see you soon. happy mothers day!

Emily said...

Next family reunion I will bring you some squeaky cheese!
Love the Women's Conference Updates pictures, stalking. Wish I could've been there. Are you coming up for Education week?

ShellyH said...

Wow, you have a great blog! Congrats to your daughter for doing an awesome job with her third grade year.