Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Happy Birthday to Camille

Well I think that most of you would know about Camille. But just in case you don't know of her, she was a three year old little girl that we were going to adopt right before we moved to Las Vegas. She lived with us for three months as a foster child and then right when we were going to move, the county decided that she would be returned to her birth mother who was in drug rehab. This is one of life's great injustices as far as I am concerned, but I cling to the faith that Heavenly Father will make this all right. If not in this life, then in the next.

Yesterday was Camille's birthday. She is now 12 years old. I have not heard anything about her or how she is doing for over eight years. I don't know why, but somehow I am sadder this year about her birthday. It may because it is a special milestone. I am saddened to think that if she was still with us, this Sunday would be her first in Young Women's. So I am using this forum as therapy, and even though she will not read this, I think it will make me feel better to write about it.

So Camille, where ever you are in the world, know that I still love you and think about you and pray for your safety and happiness. I hope your birthday was a happy one. I remember the birthday we had together when you turned three. You looked so cute and it was fun to buy presents for a little girl. May the Lord bless and keep you, until the day we may meet again.

1 comment:

peacekeeper said...

I think it is excellent therapy and a wonderful thing that you can write about Camille. I pray for you and her that her life is filled with happiness and I believe you will meet her again (probably in heaven) but the Lord remembers all and it will be okay. keep smiling :)