Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Where there's a will, there's a way!

Last week, Jared's lacrosse coach told him about a store closing sale going on at Sports Authority. This in turn led to him stalking me around the house until I took him to see what was on sale. The item he really wanted was a net to practice lacrosse. They had one which was meant for base ball, but would work for lacrosse as well. This net was originally $149, but it was on sale for just $30. The fact that we had come shopping, in my small car instead of the van did not deter us from making our bargain purchase. Jared informed me that I should be better prepared like Dad, and have rope in my car. Point well taken. We did attempt to get it to fit inside the car, but there was no way that was going to happen. So instead we just put it on top and each of us rolled down the window and held onto it all the way home. A few times it seemed like it might slip, but somehow we managed to get it home and intact. Now Jared can become an expert player in no time!

4 comments:

Emily said...

For such a good deal, you couldn't pass it up! I'm glad you and the net got home safetly!

Shawna said...

I can just picture the two of you on your way home. It's really sad there was anybody around to take a picture of that.

peacekeeper said...

that was a steal of a deal. way to be inventive to get it home. dads really are the best at being prepared with rope...i dont think my little knowledge of knots would be that great even with rope. drew is much better at that!

Jen S said...

what a cool mom. you should get MAJOR bonus points for that one. :)