Here are the rules: 1) Link to your tagger and post these rules on your blog 2) Share 7 facts about yourself on your blog, some random, some weird. 3) Tag 7 people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blogs. 4) Let them know they are tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
1. I am a Broadway musical geek. Yes, I can sing the words to almost any Broadway musical, especially the old ones. I get this from my mom, thanks Mom. When I was growing up, we always did housework while listening to Camelot, South Pacific, or Oklahoma or some other musical. To this day I still do this. My favorite house cleaning musical is Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat. It is so upbeat and fast paced that it helps you work faster. My first date was to see Okalahoma at the Fifth Avenue in Seattle. When we first got a VCR, the first movie we ever taped was Brigadoon. Last year I was able to see Suessical and Wicked, two recent musicals that I have been dying to see. Truly a dream come true. I loved that last week's American Idol was Andrew Lloyd Webber. I knew all but one of the songs they sang. So if I could find my ipod, you could see that it is filled with musical soundtracks. Another great one is a Year in the Life of Frog and Toad. If you like that kind of stuff, check it out. If I divulged my secret dream, it would be to star in a Broadway musical. HeHeHe
2. I don't like breakfast foods for breakfast. Leftover dinner is my favorite thing to eat in the morning. Actually I don't really like to eat breakfast. This is a terrible life long habit that started in High School. With early morning seminary, I always liked to sleep until the last possible minute. So sleeping was more important than eating to me, and to this day it is the same way. I am trying to change this bad habit, as I know that it will improve my well being. But it is hard to teach an old dog new tricks.
3. I ordered my first pair of bi-focals last week. This was a day of joy and happiness for me. Two years ago I went to the eye doctor and said that I thought I needed bi-focals. He agreed, but told me that if I wanted a cheaper option, I could just lift my current glasses off my eyes and then I could see up close. Of course I went with that option and was grateful he would suggest it, instead of just collecting the money from me for the more expensive option. But this has become beyond annoying. Of course it only matters if I want to be able to read the directions on medicine bottles or things like that. I have been counting the days until April when my insurance would cover new frames and lenses. So Wednesday was the much awaited day. I wondered to myself what does this say about my life, when getting old people glasses is so exhilarating. Boy, it is sad to be old. So next week I will be able to post a picture of my new stylish look.
4. I love Almond Roca. But I like to eat in in a strange way. First I eat all the chocolate and nuts off the outside and then I can eat the yummy toffee all by itself.
5. My favorite food would have to be salads. I love any kind of salad and would rather order a salad at a restaurant most of the time. One of my favorites would have to be Chinese Chicken Salad. I love this at most any restaurant. Applebees has a great one. When we went to the Springs Preserve recently, I got one at the cafe there. It was a Wolfgang Puck place and the salad had fresh pieces of ginger and candied cashews. Way yum. If I am trying to be frugal, Wendy's asian salad is not bad. Of course I could always make my own, as I have a fairly, fabulous recipe for the stuff.
6. I am the queen of procrastination. Recently I read something that said that procrastination is a sign of perfectionism. I suppose that could be true. Although, I really would not consider myself a perfectionist. For whatever reason, there are some things that are almost impossible for me to do. These include returning library books on time, in fact returning borrowed things from anyone, not good. Consider yourself warned, do not lend me things. Also I am horrible at mailing things. I am not quite sure why, but if you ever come to my house and leave something here, just kiss it good bye. It is highly unlikely that I will mail it to you. Sorry, but that is the way it is. Perhaps I have a secret phobia of the post office. Hopefully my many other endearing qualities make up for this gaping deficiency.
7. I love Avocado sandwiches, Artichokes, alliteration, Anne of Green Gables, Amazing Mrs. Polifax, and anticipating good things to come.
Ok there you go. That is the best that I can come up with on such a crazy Saturday. Diana had to be at the church at 8:00 am to go on a hike with the activity girls. Marion had a 8:00 am soccer game and a service project at 10:00. I had to be at the church at 10:00 to set up for the girls camp fund raiser dinner tonight. There is also the ward talent show after the dinner. I signed up to do a lip sinc and I am not even sure what I am going to do. I have to make some food for the dinner tonight and I need to prepare my lesson for tomorrow. Then there is the normal Saturday jobs like laundry and house cleaning. So I tag Jennifer, Amie, Jessica, Karianne, Susan, Lisa, Bailey, Stephanie, Emily, Leticia, and Jen. Have fun girls.