Friday, November 30, 2007

Denial Delima

I always say the denial is my favorite part of grief. This is because it is the painless part. So I am in denial about many things right now. One of them would be that Christmas is really going to come. As long as I am in denial, I don't have to stress out that I am not ready yet. Like getting my ornery family together for a picture. I don't know why any of them should be surprised that this will happen, since it has happened every year for the past 16 years. But when I brought the subject up a few weeks ago, you'd have thought I just informed them that they would be getting dental work done without Novocaine.
Of course the other thing I am in denial about is my cats. No, I mean to say the cats that are choosing to live in my back yard. Judging from the activity going on out there, in about 12 weeks there are going to be the cutest little kittens running around. There should be some orange, some black, some white with black spots, and some grey ones. Perhaps my denial stage can last until the kittens are old enough to go to new homes. Yes, my friends this is a not so silent cry for help. Where do I sign up for the 12 step program to get over a cat addiction?

1 comment:

peacekeeper said...

just remember...they dont stay kitten cute forever.