Friday, November 2, 2007

Lady in Red


Yesterday after school, Diana proudly gives me her school picture. I am excited to see how it turned out. Remember the picture day, the same day I went to traffic court? Well refer back to the post titled Traffic school Graduate, if you didn't read about all the trauma we went through the morning of her picture. Let me just say that I did not send her to school wearing a red scarf. So when I saw this picture, I was a bit stunned, shocked, perhaps even horrified. Had I know that this accessory would be added, I might not have chosen purple for the background color. I questioned her about the scarf. She informed me that "Oh my friend Bianca let me borrow it." Now it might just be me, but I think this scarf might fall into the "big bowl of ugly" category. (can you tell I have been watching to much Hannah Montana) I'm not really sure how I will feel about putting this picture on my wall and seeing it every day. I guess that is just what you have to deal with when you have a child with her own sense of fashion. I wonder when picture make up day is, perhaps we should try again. But then I have to go through the "morning of picture day" marathon again. Perhaps I should just call it good enough. And know that each time I see this picture it will bring a smile to my face because I have such an independent child. Who knows, she may grow up to be a famous fashion mogul someday.

4 comments:

Kris said...

She is smiling. I would be greatful. Michael looks stoned in his photo, so I sent it in for retakes. He has to pay for them if he does not smile this time.

Kris

Shawna said...

She has a Dorothy from Wizard of Oz thing going on.

peacekeeper said...

i know how it feels to have a child with their own sense of fashion...have you met brooklyn? i agree with craig...she is smiling and so should you. she looks great and now this picture will always make you smile. right?

Anonymous said...

Sweet nibblets, she's as cute as a button. This is one of those pictures you'll cherish years to come!! Trust me, I know these things.