Monday, November 26, 2007

Fall into the season!

Yesterday we gave into Jared and Diana pestering us to put up the Christmas tree. Marion got the tree down from the attic and got it assembled. Diana then insisted that I get the ornaments down, so she could decorate the tree. I hate the ladder thing that goes up to our attic in the garage. It is really hard for me, who is mechanically challenged. After wresting with it, I finally climbed up to find the missing box. Somehow it was the first box I looked in. I wonder why I have never labeled my boxes before. Note to self, label the boxes in the attic. As I was pulling the large plastic tub down, it came faster than I expected. In a classic comedy moment, I lost my footing and fell backwards. No worries, a tool box broke my fall. Also some bags of salt for the water softener. I lay there for a moment and finally realized that I was basically unhurt. Today, I am very sore in several places, and I am sure I will have a great bruise in a few days. I am very glad that I will not be in some sort of cast for the Holidays. Here is a picture of our tree.

No comments: