Friday, November 30, 2007

Lost and Found

This happened a few weeks ago, but I meant to write about it and never did. On the Wednesday of this week, I picked Diana up from school and when we were half way home she exclaimed "Oh, no, I lost my glasses at school." I am fairly concerned/alarmed/exasperated by this comment. So I turn around and head back to the school. A second look in her desk, produced the missing specs. Crisis averted, we returned home.
Diana went to play at a neighbor's house and then we went to the church that evening for an enrichment class. She played in the gym for the nursery. The next morning those darn spectacles were nowhere to be found. Diana had to go to school with only two eyes that day instead of four. I wondered if the glasses had been left at the church. After borrowing some keys, I went and looked thoroughly through the whole church. Nada. I looked throughout my entire house. I called my neighbor and had her look at her house as well. Still nothing. By Friday I was giving up hope, figuring that they were a permanent casualty of the Bermuda triangle in my house. I called the eye doctor to see how much it would cost to replace the glasses with the same pair and was told it would cost $260 for new peepers. Yikes! Then I asked how much would the cheapest pair be, $150. Still out of my budget of $0. So I decided to wait just a bit longer. Perhaps vision is highly over rated. In the mean time, I spent any spare moment looking for those glasses like Indiana Jones looked for the Holy Grail.
That Saturday, I worked all afternoon. When I got home I found out that Jared has scored a goal in his soccer game that day. Of course he only scores when I am not there. Anyway we decided to go out to eat at IHOP to celebrate. Diana brought along her purse. We were sitting there waiting for our food to come, when Diana looks in her purse and what do you think she finds? Yup, you guessed it, the missing glasses. I am incredulous. How they came to be there, I do not know. But yay for not having to purchase new ones. Someone should develop glasses for kids with a GPS system installed. It is ridiculous how much of my life seems to revolve around finding people's glasses. Sheesh!

No comments: