Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Day 5 of the Hip Hostage Situation

I can't believe that it is Tuesday already. My how time flies when you're having fun.

Here is a pre-op picture for your viewing pleasure. Just so you know, I am not the biggest fan of this current hair do, which I think is a don't. But when you are fourteen and have control over nothing else in your life and you never leave the house anyway, I suppose there is no better time to go through a long hair phase.


Jared is making progress. Monday they gave him 3 pints of blood, because the 1 pint he got on Sunday was not enough. It took 9 hours yesterday for the blood transfusion. But I guess they are still a bit concerned about his blood level and are going to give him one more pint tonight.


Today he actually got out of bed for the first time since Friday. And then they made him walk about 10 feet. He will need to walk a bit further before they will let us go home. The doctor is hopeful that tomorrow, Wednesday will be the day. I am cautiously optimistic. (my new favorite vocab word)


Good news I am taking advantage of my hostage situation by spending the day laying on my girls camp cot, in my pajamas, wearing my snugly, cozy, warm, blue fuzzy BYU slippers, while eating a 3 pound bag of peanut M&M's and watching Jane Austin movies until I passed out in a love/happy ending/sugar induced comma. Now that is making lemonade from lemons. And no one is really telling me that there is anything wrong with that.

6 comments:

The Crash Test Dummy said...

Hee hee. You are so cute, Pat. I'm so happy to hear from you and to see that Jared looks just like you with his long hair. If he opened his mouth and screamed, you guys would be twins.

How fun you get to eat M&M's and watch Jane Austen in your fuzzy blue slippers.

MISS YOU!

Smart Helm said...

I've got LOTS of Jane Austin Movies if u run out... um.. 'course there are only so many books (5) but I have 2 versions of some... although my sisters are passing around my favorite Sense and Sensability (have 3 versions of that one).

Good luck 2 you both.

Shawna said...

Glad to hear that Jared is making progress. Good for you with your love/happy ending/sugar induced comma state of life. While you're turning lemons into lemonade Jared has one more thing to add to his list of things he has done in his life, received a blood transfusion.

Alyson | New England Living said...

I hope your "cautious optimism" will work out and he'll come home as soon as possible!

You eat those peanut M&M's, girl!

Eliza said...

I have a bag of peanut m&m's already bought and just waiting for you to come home so I can drop them off!

Glad to hear good news about Jared.

So glad that you are in a "lemonade" state of mind!

Kris said...

I am a little jealous that you get to watch P&P and eat M&M's. I could use a day like that, maybe after this super Saturday.

Give Jared our love. My boys are imprested that he is now part titanium and are calling him Iorn Man, and the Titanium Titian. I did not tell them he can't really walk yet.