Saturday, November 15, 2008

A different kind of hard.

Hooray we did come home from the hospital yesterday. My wonderful visiting teacher brought us pizza, spaghetti, and salad for dinner. The ride home was a bit hard on Jared. He is still in so much pain.

He came home with 7 different prescriptions, that will require a good deal of managing on my part. I think a spreadsheet will be required. And the total at the pharmacy $90.00. It is ridiculous that it is more expensive after the hospital than for the whole hospital stay. A week in the hospital and hip replacement only cost $200. Once we go back to physical therapy, that will be $15 a visit. Oh well I am sure financial solvency is highly over rated. Eventually we will recover from all this.

Last night was a bit long. The nerve pain has gotten worse. Jared got me up about 6 times. Not very restful, but it will get better. Like the title says, it will be a different kind of hard now.

10 comments:

Kristina P. said...

You must have awesome insurance! Only $200? Glad you're back home!

in time out said...

I missed voting on your profile picture, but I love it.

Haven't been to your site before, found it today. Love and prayers come from our direction, with all you are going through.

You keep writing, it is inspiring. One of my mottos on my site is think of the alternative, and things could be worse. I doubt with all you are going through that these words bring much comfort, so we will just pray for you.

Also, I love your profile. I, too, wish to be organized. My 14 year old told me today we will do one room at a time, he hates clutter. Me too. So off we go, or wait, off he goes, skateboarding with his friends. I guess it will wait another day.

I will check in on you.

Not sure that I have much to say that will help, but maybe you could find a laugh or too to lighten your day. come by if you can:

http://bythehairofmychin.blogspot.com/

Elizabeth said...

Glad you are home. I'm sure it is nicer to sleep in your own bed! Good luck with Jared...and let me know if I can help.

Kris said...

So glad that you are home. I think that you need 8 hrs uniterupted sleep. Like that first night the baby sleeps through and you wake up a new person. So, I think tonight it should be your hubby's turn and you should only be awakened if there is a real actual fire.

My prayers are with you guys.

Eliza said...

I'm so glad you're home. Welcome back to life. I hope it goes smoothly. I'll be there to help when it doesn't!

Crazy Lady said...

Dude, for the appendix we owe thousands of dollars and that is with insurance. You are definitely blessed in that area. Welcome home.

The Crash Test Dummy said...

You poor thing. You are so right about a different kind of hard. That is so true. Life is all about going from one kind of hard to another.

BLESSINGS! (and love)

Had to sneak this in cause I'm s'pose to be baptizing my house by soft scrub right now. Shhhhhh

Hang in there!

Shellie said...

Ouch! That sounds painful! I know how fun it is to handle that after operations care. Good luck to you and hang in there, before you know it, this stage will be over. Better times are ahead.

Shauna said...

So glad you are home! I am praying for you and your family ♥

Nutty Hamster Chick said...

A big shout out in time out and trying to stay calm, first time commenters. Welcome, welcome. Consider yourself at home, consider yourself part of the furniture. Please visit and comment often.

And Crazy Lady, I am sorry to hear about your bills, just try to think of the tax deduction.

Yes we are very blessed to have PPO healthcare, which just has co-pays, no deductible or 80/20 split of the costs. I do feel very blessed. Because my financial ruin will only be partial and not complete. :)