Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Another post about BYU football

I had a hard time sleeping last night. When Jared woke me up at (I don't even remember what time it was, 1, or 2, or 3 or something,) I could not go back to sleep. I laid there and constructed the most clever, amazing, and entertaining post you have never read. Do you think I can remember a word of it this morning? NOPE. Darn sleep deprived brain.
I have a temporary job that happens a couple times a year and this happens to be one of those weeks. So I am going to get a break from the invalid. He is still having so much pain from the stretched nerve that he complains quite a lot. Well, I know exactly how he feels about stretched nerves. Geez. Some wonderful people in my ward are going to help out. Hooray for ward family. And they are bringing me dinner.

In honor of the Holy War, I thought I would re post some pictures. If you don't know about the Holy War it is when the BYU football team plays the University of Utah football team. This game will happen on Saturday at 3:00 my time. There is a lot of bowl and national ranking stuff riding on this game. But even when both teams are unranked, it is a big deal. I have never been in Utah for the week, but I guess it can get pretty ugly. I don't want any of that. I respect other's right to cheer for their team, just don't stand in front of me while I am yelling at the top of my lungs for mine. OK.
Here I am doing my best Vanna White impression, showing off the mystical bone I found in my turkey last year. It looks just like the Y on the mountain in Provo. When I found this bone, I was sure it was a sign from above that BYU would absolutely, positively beat Utah just two days later. And even though it went down to the last play of the game, my team did win. Of course it was all because I held my lucky bone above my head while jumping up and down on my couch and screaming my lungs out. I am a giver that way, helping the team anyway I can.

And here I am with the guys. You know just kickin' it, hanging out together, because we are just best buds and that's how it is with us. And do you see my husband or kids in this picture? No, because they didn't even go to the fireside. I just took myself, because I am a nerd that way. But good news, it is easy to find a seat right in the front, when you are only a party of one. Yes, my family really does think I have taken this fan thing too far, and they try to avoid being seen with me in public or even in the same room when I watch the games. So anyway, I would have loved to have heard these players talk about the crazy old lady that made them pose with her. And I do still wonder if I have ever been mentioned in team meetings. "Watch out for this lunatic lady with a football scrapbook and a turkey bone, she may be dangerous."
If you have missed any of my other football posts and feel so inclined you could read about it here or here or here or here or here or here or here or here or here or here. Whew, that is a lot of linking. I am out of breath from all of that. And of course you will not even want to read so much about my BYU obsession, but all those posts proves the point that I am nothing if not consistent in my fanaticism.
So here is wishing my Cougars the best of luck on Saturday. They are going to need it, and I hope my heart is up to another heartstopping finish to the game.

5 comments:

Kristina P. said...

I love the bone. I'm sure that means that the Cougs will win for sure.

Kris said...

Are you eating Turkey this week? Why are they playing before Thanksgiving, denying you a chance to find another lucky bone? I will be cheering here, and not calling you during the game.

Shawna said...

We need to make a necklace out of that bone!

The Crash Test Dummy said...

Hey, it's so weird to see you with your mouth closed! ;) You're quite lovely.

HANG IN THERE!!!! Poor Jared. Poor Pat!

in time out said...

cute puppies. are you keeping them all or did they just come for the tea party. fun.