Sunday, December 14, 2008

Ghosts of Christmas Past, part 10

For this year we had torture by a professional. A professional photographer anyway. This is one of my favorite family pictures. I think it turned out looking quite nice and I remember not being able to resist spending way to much money on all the different shots taken.

It seems particularly ironic, because I also remember every one being especially grumpy to each other on the way in the car. You know the normal, he's looking at me stuff. So sometimes it is possible to put on a show for the photographer. Here we look like a sweet, loving family. Who'd have thunk we fought all the way there and back?

Some of the things I wrote about in that year's letter were Trent playing tackle football for the first time while in fifth grade. Also Jared played two seasons of soccer and was in second grade.

Here is a quote of what I wrote about Diana then two and a half: "Recently there was a day when she smeared an entire cube of softened butter all over the counter and herself. Then she spilled some milk on her little padded rocking chair. I took that outside and hosed it off. It was a warm day and so I let her play in the water for a few minutes. While I was not watching she put the hose in the house on the carpet while it was still going. These are just a few of her tricks."

Ah, life with toddlers is never dull. And I wouldn't have even remembered this, if I hadn't written it down.

Also my Grandmother died during this year. I drove by myself with Diana to Logan for the funeral. We survived thanks to a borrowed TV and seven hours of Barney. I remember that she was fussy during the funeral and I took her to the back. When I wasn't watching she turned the lights off in the chapel. Yea that didn't disrupt the service at all.


All in all it was a good busy year where everyone was growing up and living life to its fullest.

1 comment:

Kristina P. said...

We've had professional family pictures, but we usually do them outside. I think the ones in the studio generally look more forced and I always look janudiced.

But, your lighting is good in this one!