Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Five Minute Hero

I am not sure if I have written about the band that Trent is playing in right now. Their name is Five Minute Hero. Trent is the bass player. Here are some pictures from their first performance which was on New Year's eve. It was a contest and they came in second. They were very thrilled with that because it was their first show and they only lost by 5 votes. One of the highlights of the evening was the largest "Wall of Death" ever according to Trent. I myself being a nerd and a parent was unfamiliar with this term. Trent educated me that this is a process when the kids line up in two lines across from each other and then run together and crash into a large pile of humanity. One of Trent's friends hurt his leg during this fun thing and it is still sore weeks later. Go figure what kids think is fun. Now the band is going to compete in another Xpoz battle of the bands kind of thing on Feb 20th. The prize is a slot at Xtreme thing which will be a big break for the band. Thousands of people attend each year. The winner will be determined by presales of tickets and online voting. So when Trent gets the info on the website to vote I told him I would post it on here and all my readers would probably help vote for him. Look for that in the next few weeks.

2 comments:

Emily said...

My son wanted to know who was playing Guitar Hero, when I explained it was a real band, he was thrilled. :)
Can we request a video of the band?

Elizabeth said...

So glad to have you back Pat! I missed you!