Monday, February 25, 2008

Tagged, again!

Hurray, I got tagged by my cousin Emily, so here goes it…

1. What were you doing 10 years ago? Boy, it is hard to even remember yesterday, let alone ten years ago. Let's see Jared was almost 4 and Trent would have been almost 7. That would mean that Trent was in first grade and had to be at school at 7:50 in the morning. Yikes, for a kid who is not a morning person, this was a monumental task every day. Sometimes I would have to carry him to the car kicking and screaming. Jared and I were attending a mommy and me preschool. We went to this from 9 - 12 on Monday, Wednesday, and Fridays. This was one of the best things I have ever been too. They had really fun field trips and Jared got to fulfill his dream of riding on a school bus for the first time. I loved going as well because I made some really great friends. When you spend 9 hours a week with people, you bond together. I was very sad that I never found the same kind of thing anywhere is Las Vegas.

2. 5 things on my to-do list today?- Get all three of my kids to go to school, something I did not manage to do last week, dishes and clean bathroom, host playgroup in my backyard for ladies in my ward hence the need to clean the bathroom, go to lunch with RS Ladies who Lunch, pick Jared up from school and take him to visit his orchestra teacher at his old school, try to get Trent's car to the mechanic so we could be back to a 3 car family instead of 2.

3. 5 snacks that I enjoy:- bagels with strawberry cream cheese, home style pop secret popcorn, chocolate chip mint ice cream in a waffle cone, Peanut M&Ms, and Swedish fish.

4. 3 bad habits:- Not saying no to people (including my kids) when I really should, due to lack of time and resources on my part, Spending time on things I want to do instead of the things that need to be done, like housework. Not being able to pass up a good deal, even if I can't afford to save the money.

5. What would you do if you were instantly a billionaire?-Pay off our Mortgage, Pay off other debts like new car payment since accident, Set aside money for my kids to go to college -Spend a time in New York attending as many musicals as I wanted --Redo my pool, and continue inviting family, neighbors and friends there often throughout the summer-Travel to Europe, England, and Australia. Get new furniture for my house since pretty much everything I have has been given to me.

6. Places I’ve lived: Philadelphia PN, Provo UT, North Hollywood CA, Tacoma WA, Kent WA,Provo UT, Riverside CA, Upland CA, Las Vegas NV.

7. Jobs I’ve had:Baby Sitter, Statistician at track meets, office help during summers at Britanica, internship at accounting firm, Telemarketer at Future Lines shoe company, Wife, Custodian at BYU at 4:00 am in the morning, Staff Accountant in Salt Lake, Controller at Excelsior Hotel, Accountant at SMA machines, Mom with the innumerable number of jobs required, Las Vegas showroom manager for Global Views, Administrative assistant for Janice Cambell.

8. 5 things people don’t know about me:-This is hard because I am pretty much an open book and there is not a lot people don't know about me, especially those who read this blog. When I was twelve I sat on the top of the fountain at Seattle Center as part of a bet. I never had stitches until I was 30 when I tripped on a speed bump in a parking lot while walking. I have never broken a bone. (Knock on wood so that I don't fall down my stairs today and break my leg) I wish I could sing well enough to sing in a Broadway musical. One of my unfulfilled dreams was to be on the Young Ambassadors from BYU.

1 comment:

Emily said...

Hurray! I loved reading about you, and of course getting to know you better! Thanks for posting, and for a good laugh--on top of the fountain?