Monday, February 4, 2008

New Haircut

About two weeks ago I went to get my hair cut. It had not been cut since October, unless you count the couple of times that I have taken scissors to my bangs in an act of desperation. So to say that I was past due for a cut would be an understatement. Usually when I get to this point, I go in ready for my head to just be shaved bald. I don't know if it is just me, but I seem to go along pretty much liking and tolerating my hair, and then boom one day I wake up and just hate it and can't take it anymore. Strangely I do not have a regular hairdresser. This probably explains a lot of my problem So on the day that I feel the uncontrollable urge to shave my head, I instead take myself to the nearest super cuts. This time I seemed to have scored a winner. I went in and asked for an A-line kind of hair cut. Also I am straightening my bangs, which I did not used to do. Here is a picture I took yesterday before church. I am not sure that it adequately shows how it looks. Several people have commented that I look like I have lost weight. The scale does not seem to agree with this consensus. I think that it is just my hair that has lost weight and that by having flatter hair, it makes me look skinnier. Whatever the reason, I will not look a gift horse in the mouth.

3 comments:

Marjorie said...

Cute do! There is nothing like a new hair cut to perk one up. I am overdue too but it won't happen this week. The challenge is to keep my own scissors off of it. I hope you kept track of the name of the person who cut it so you can go to them again.
By the way, good to have you back on the blog!

Jennifer said...

I like it too, you should see if Diana or someone will take a picture from the back and side so we can get the whole effect :).

Nutty Hamster Chick said...

This is what one of my friends wrote to me, I thought it was hilarious and so I wanted to put it on here for her.

"Why have you not shared this new "weight loss" plan with me? This winter I have been freezing my butt off in the arctic garage 50 minutes/day working out. Now I learn that all I have to do is not curl my hair and I'll look like I'm losing weight. Maybe you should write a book on this subject - "How to look like you're losing weight." You would have an instant best-seller."

Hmm, she may have a point there, don't ya think?