Friday, August 8, 2008

Eight Eight O-Eight

Twenty fours years ago, today, I married my sweetheart. We met at BYU, kind of like many other people. Although our first date was a fix up, and our second date was arranged by Marion's brother calling me on the phone and pretending to be Marion. Our first date was to see the movie "Man from Snowy River". Such a great movie.

Marion got me some gardenia plants, that we will try to grow again. We had some wonderful ones in California, and maybe they just don't like to live in Las Vegas. We have tried once before and they died, but he recently fixed the sprinkler system, so we are going to cross our fingers and try again.

Tomorrow we will go out for dinner, if I can stand to leave Jared home without a parent.

6 comments:

Kris said...

HYPER VIGILANCE. He will be just fine for a few hrs. Don't take your cell phone either. If he needs help Diana can help him, or your neighbor could.

Eliza said...

Congratulations! I'm sorry you had a house full of men last night. Just say NO next time, especially when its a special occasion.

I'd be happy to baby sit Jared tonight. HYPER VIGILANCE!!!!

Stephanie & Brad Bishop said...

HEY! I recognize the PROVO apartment pic! Looks MUCH better on a photo! Too bad you did not get the toilet directly next to the FRIDGE!

What a great tribute to Marion and you on your anniversary! Happy Day to you!

Jen S said...

love it! i always love your slide shows, especially the captions. my favorite is the forced fanaticism. :) !!

Jennifer said...

Ahhhhh, super sweet slide show. Congrats on your special day.

Karianne said...

Those are some freaking cute pictures! Happy day :)