Sunday, December 9, 2007

Wintry Warfare

Yesterday Jared had a soccer game. I knew that it would be cold and windy at the field because it always is this time of year. Such an occasion calls for drastic measures called thermal underwear. I pulled them from the bottom of the drawer where they live for most of the year. I was almost toasty warm between my nice down coat and my long johns. When I got home I didn't ever have the chance to change. And guess what? I was warmer in my house with those nice warm things on under my sweats. So today when I woke up and thought about how cold I would be at church, a brilliant plan popped into my head. Why not wear my long underwear under my dress. And so I did. No one even noticed and I was much warmer than usual. Even though my church building likes to do its best imitation of a deep freeze during the winter months, I am on a crusade to conquer its cold contrivances. Armed with my down jacket, gloves, blanket, and thermals, I may win yet. And yes I know that I am a sissy when it comes to the cold. Obviously there is something wrong with my circulatory system, because I am always way colder than anyone else. Until I figure out what to do about that, I will stick to my arsenal of warmth.

4 comments:

Doug and Dawn said...

Pat you are so funny I can say that I have never thought about wearing thermals to church. Hey whatever works right?

Marjorie said...

Way to go!!!

Shawna said...

Do people a favor and not break out the thermals right in the middle of Sunday School. I almost irrupted in laughter!

peacekeeper said...

you rock. i say do what you need to stay warm. :)