Thursday, June 26, 2008

Napa Cabbage Salad

This is a really yummy summer dinner. I got this recipe from some friends that we went camping with while we were still at BYU. We were hiking at Arches on Memorial Day weekend. When these friends whipped this out of their cooler and offered to share, I fell in love with this. Nothing better on a hot day. This has Napa cabbage in it, which is a long head, that has curly leaves on it. Here is a picture of it, after it has been sliced up.



1 head of Napa cabbage, sliced the round way, into bite size pieces
3 chicken breasts, or a can of chicken (I have only made this with canned)
1 pkg chicken flavor ramen noodles
1 Tbsp sesame seeds
2 oz sliced almonds
3 diced green onions

Combine all ingredients in a bowl, and top with dressing. Serve in pita pockets.

Dressing:
1 Tbsp sugar
1/2 c. oil
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp pepper
2 Tbsp vinegar
flavor packet from noodles

This is a great recipe for picnics. You can make it ahead, but since it has no mayonnaise, it will keep well. Hope you enjoy it.

4 comments:

Stephanie & Brad Bishop said...

I LOVE THIS RECIPE and I remember that camping trip to Arches!!!!!!!!! Was it Paul and Denise Shoemaker that made the salad? I still get a Christmas card from them in WA state!

Leticia said...

Pat...Can you read the comment posted about your temple bug post...I would love to share on my blog!

Kris said...

IT is midnight and I finally have a moment to check e-mail and peek at your blog. Now I am so hungry I have to eat before I can go to bed. I have to take dinner to a couple who were in a scooter/truck accident. Do you think they could eat this with broken arms?

Shawna said...

Looks yummy, I have to wonder if you used sugar roasted almonds. I know how addicted you are. This salad reminds me of this one I wanted to try a while back. One other food oddity I left out of this post was that I don't like chicken in my salad. I know, there is no hope for me. Love the pita idea!