Friday, June 20, 2008

A Visit to the Dentist

Sit right back, and you'll hear a tale, a tale of a problem tooth. The name of the problem tooth is back lower molar on the left side. This tooth has been a bur under my saddle for the past 6 years. It all started when we were in our car accident and our van rolled over. Apparently I bit down really hard on my teeth at that time. About a month later, the tooth second from the back cracked and broke off. That was when I got my first crown. Then the tooth behind it had to have a cavity fixed. And I keep breaking pieces of that cavity off of the tooth. In the past year I have had the same place fixed three times. One especially horrible time was when piece of porcelain broke of and got lodged between the two teeth. Holy uncomfortableness, Batman!
So the last time my dentist fixed my filing, he told me that if it happened again, I would have to get a gold crown. Of course it happened about a month or two later. So for the past four or five months, I have been living with a large hole in the back of my mouth. I did not want to pay for the new crown. Finally I went back for my cleaning and they told me that it was time. I have grown tired of carrying floss with me for every time I eat anything. It is most inconvenient. So today I bit the bullet, so to speak, and went to get fitted for the new grown.
Here is a picture of my x-ray. The gap between the back two teeth doesn't look so bad, but it felt lick the grand canyon back there.
Here is a lovely picture of me in the shades they give you to wear and of course the obligatory paper napkin bib. Oh and a little bit of the stuff they used to take a form of my teeth on my cheeck, just for added aesthetics.
Here they are taking an impression of my tooth. Wow what a glamorous shot.
And another lovely shot of some part of the process.
Here is the best part of my dentist office. They serve Otis Spunkmier cookies in the waiting room. I never mail a payment in, I always just stop by and pay in person so I can get a yummy cookie. Boo for being numb and not able to enjoy this yummy thing. But you better believe that I took it to go with me for latter. If anyone needs a great dentist in Vegas, mine would be a great one. His name is Jason Downey.

4 comments:

Marjorie said...

I think your dentist is pretty smart. The cookies guarantee a return customer one way or the other!
By the way, great blow by blow description!

Eliza said...

I love that you got someone in the office to take all of your pictures. Did you let them know your blog address? Its a great plug for their office!

Nutty Hamster Chick said...

Would you believe that I took all those pictures myself? I think that might explain some of the, well unattractiveness of them. :)

Funny Farmer said...

You took them yourself?! How long is your arm, anyway?

I hope the new crown fixes this once and for all.