Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Out with the Old, In with the New

Diana decided that it was time to make some changes in her room. Here she is posing with the dresser that I painted for her. I got this old thing at a yard sale for $5 and was able to paint it. It has been great for the past seven years. But it is pretty old, and the drawers are beginning to fall apart. Diana has been frustrated with it for some time. It is sad to part with something I worked so hard on, but we can't keep things forever. So I told her we would take a picture of it, so we could always remember it. And we moved it out into the hall, on the way to the garage, and finally DI.
Here is a shot of what it looks like now. She put her little table in the place of the dresser and put her baby blanket on the top of it. It makes her room seem so much bigger with that huge thing gone.

We also took out one of her bookshelves, which meant we could turn her bed to the other wall in her room. This left space for a new desk compliments of Jared. He decided that he did not want this desk any more. So happy day for Diana. She is really enjoying her new room. The next thing is to paint it. This paint job was already there when we moved in, but Diana would really like her room to be purple. So maybe that can be one of our June projects.

1 comment:

Marjorie said...

I love what you have done to your room Diana! It reminded me of how much I used to enjoy rearranging the furniture. I have really gotten into a rut lately. I need to change something around here! Can't wait to see the purple paint!