Thursday, June 19, 2008

Wonderful Woot

I can't remember if I explicitly talked about the MP3 player I received for Christmas. It was purchased from Woot at a very good deal. I loved my new tech toy and promptly put 375 songs on it. The place that I appreciated it the most, was at school, when I was making copies. It was so glorious to have music to help me whistle while I worked.
Then there was a tragedy named I lost my MP3 player. The only thing I can figure out is that I must have left it as school. That is the last place I can remember having it. Curses, that darn copy job. Another example of no good deed going unpunished. But I have already ranted about that. So nuf said. After searching in vain for about 8 weeks, I gave in and purchased a new one, again from woot. This time I upgraded from the 4 GB one to the 8GB. Woohoo! Think of the storage capacity.
So the next chapter of my woes, was that my new player had some issues. It would never power itself up quickly when I turned it on. Eventually it just got stuck trying to come on. I could do nothing to fix it. It just had to run out of power. After a week of fiddling around with it, I decided that it just wasn't worth it.
Next I wrote to woot telling them of my problems. To my happiness they wrote me back the very next morning, telling me that they were sending me a new one. I just have to send my old one back. So yay for easy solutions to problems. My new one came today and I have already put my music back on it. Now I am up to 600 songs. Based on my experience I would totally recommend buying something from woot. Great stuff at great prices and great customer service when things don't work right.

No comments: