Tuesday, July 15, 2008

More Good News!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just talked to the nurse at the hospital and she told me that Jared is doing really well. She said she was so proud of him. The doctors gave the OK for some clear fluids, so he had a couple of swallows of water and half of a Popsicle. Yay. And then she told me he was awake and did I want to talk to him. He had asked about me earlier and she had explained to him about me taking Diana to the airport. So then she transferred me to his room. And I had my first conversation with him in over a week. His voice is still very weak and a little bit hard to understand. But yay!!!!!!!!! It was the best conversation with him I have ever had. I am so happy and relieved. I told him that Marion would be there within the hour. Marion is going to go and spend the evening, while I am at the airport and then I will head right over to the hospital, when Diana's plane takes off at 9. So all of our prayers have been answered. A big thank you to everyone. And here is an appropriate picture of the balloon tied to the end of Jared's bed.

5 comments:

Michael Clifford said...

Fantastic news,Pat!!! I am so happy for all of you. Absolutely great news.Tell Jared we said hi.Looks like God was holding Jared in the palm of His hand all this time....Claire.

Funny Farmer said...

Thanks for the prompt updates! This is wonderful news!

Jen S said...

Pat, I'm finally catching up on this awful week of yours. We're praying for you, too. :) So glad he's doing better. You are such a strong lady! You rock. Lots of love... Jen

Kris said...

Horray!!! Way to go Jared!!! I am so glad he is awake and can talk,

peacekeeper said...

can i hear an AMEN! lots of angels have been with you and jared. i just love the gospel. i am so glad to hear that he has reached another milestone. great job jared...you are definitely a fighter! we love you ...keep up the great progress :)