Saturday, July 12, 2008

More Pictures

The only thing more upsetting than this picture.....
is this picture......

This is what met me the other morning when I came in. The nurse was quick to reassure me that he was just gone to a test. But it does make one stop breathing for a minute.

This is a picture of Jared rockin' out to some tunes. No just kidding. Actually I made him listen to the Mormon Tabernacle Choir Consider the Lilies tape. I love how soothing and relaxing that music it is. No matter how upset I am, it can calm my troubled soul. Perhaps I needed it more than Jared, but I figured it couldn't hurt. Something to do for him, once again. The next day when he was doing a bit better, I let him listen to some Reliant K. He didn't really seem to respond to any of it. But it made me feel like I was doing something to help make him more comfortable. It will be interesting to see if he remembers any of it when he wakes up. I have also been reading the Book of Mormon to him.

This is a picture of the cool things they have on his legs. The white things have tubes running up them and they are attached to a machine that squeezes air into the tubes. This is kind of a constant leg massage. This helps to keep the blood circulating in his legs and pumped back to his heart. They take these off for several hours each shift to let his legs get some air. The black and blue things on his feet are to keep him from getting bed sores on his feet. The nurse ordered these the very first night, because of how tall he is. She said she would not be able to sleep thinking of his feet rubbing against the hard plastic end of his bed. He does have a pink spot on each heel, but nothing to worry about at this point.

1 comment:

Kris said...

Wow, The leg and foot things are amazing. Modern Meds are so cool, sometimes it is hard to believe that they can't fix everything. I love having you blog. I read it at 3:30 and was able to send up a prayer while Jared was in surgery.

Kris