Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Wednesday Night

First the up the report on Jared. The doctors are fairly sure that the infection is either very near or in the bone. However they do not think that it is going to require the draining of the bone at this point. It just means that they need to give him some stronger antibiotics. The infectious disease doctor is going to talk to us tomorrow and he will decide which medicine he needs. So hopefully this is nothing to freak out about as much as I was last night. It will just mean a longer recovery and different medicines.

This is such a blessing that it happened during the summer when he has time to be sick in the hospital.

Also he has moved out of ICU and into the regular pediatric ward. It is a bigger room and there is a small fold out chair for me. I am staying with him tonight in this new place.

My mom did arrive tonight at eight as scheduled. Happy Day! We went right to the hospital and got here just in time to help with the moving process. Then my mom went home with Marion. She drove my car home and that was when she comes back we can switch and I can go home and get some rest. I think this is going to work out well. Maybe tomorrow we will find out some guess as to how long we might be here. But actually we are back to people laughing at us when we ask that question.

So even if it is not the case, I feel like I am in such a better place than I was yesterday. I went home at noon today and did not come back until nine o'clock tonight. It was a much needed break. I got a nap and a shower. Hallelujah!

1 comment:

Kris said...

I hope you like your new digs. I'm so glad that Mom got there ok. We will keep praying for you all.