Monday, July 28, 2008

PS More Gratitude

How is it possible that when I listed my blessing yesterday, I did not mention the laptop that the hospital is letting me use. I think that more than any other thing, that has helped with my sanity. The ability to record everything I have felt and to be able to update family and friends so immediately has been priceless. I am sure that some day I will read all these posts again, and will be amazed at everything that happened. Here is a picture of my little sanctuary. The curtain is to go around Jared's bed, but when he is not using, it has made me a nice little cave to retreat into.
I have slept on this bed four out of the past five nights. And here is the computer, if you look closely, you can see it logged into my blog. It has also been such a source of communication with my friends and family who are so far away. So hip, hip, hooray for technology.

3 comments:

Allison Barnes said...

As jared's mother, you have every right to freak out and make those people listen to you! good job. Man, Ihope things settle down for you! I loved your gratitude post! keep staying positive. I saw Abby on friday at her new house. She seemed really happy! She would tell you that you are the boss of Jared and you should keep fighting for him!

Kris said...

I'm so glad you were able to let the people who are supposed to be taking care of Jared know what needs to be done. There will never be a more important time to advocate for him. I'm so glad that mom is there with you.

We love you and are praying for your whole family.

Kris

Jen S said...

I'm glad you have more than that ridiculous chair now! Actually looks a little comfy, although it will feel like heaven to have your own bed! :)