Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Seriously, put a fork in me I'm done.

If any of you looked at this earlier, I didn't mean to post it yet. So here is why I feel especially done with that hospital today.

Our nice quiet room mate of yesterday, decided to pull a Dr. Jekyl on us and scream and cry ALL night long. I feel for the kid since he had surgery to put a pin in his hip, but this did not ease the inconvenience of laying in bed all night listening to him cry on the other side of the curtain. I don't know what the deal was, if he was just a wuss, or if they were not giving him enough pain medication, but criminey, not pleasant. Finally I started pushing the call button so the nurse would come in and hear him crying and do something about it.

Part of me wishes there was someway I could pull a Moses impersonation and strike those doctors with a plague, so they would let us out of bondage. Let's see what would be best, frogs or flies? Hard to decide. I know, I know, we need to be sure he is better, and me of all people who was sounding the alarm last weekend, should be prepared for the back slide that could happen at any time.

Diana comes home today, and my mom leaves tomorrow, and so it just seems like the perfect time to get out of the hospital.

Like the title says, put a fork in me, I'm done.

6 comments:

Shawna said...

Gird up those loins sister....carry on carry on carry on!

Seriously though, I could use a break from "camp brain" what can I do for you???

Eliza said...

Hang in there sister! You are a great Mommy and you can do this.

Do we need to kidnap you, so you'll leave the hospital?

Nutty Hamster Chick said...

Thanks for the offer, maybe I will take you up on it.

How is Hunter? How are you? Are you hanging in there too?

Stephanie & Brad Bishop said...

Because of your inspiration, I payed it Forward today and yesterday.

Your blog made members of my Book Group laugh for days!

More patience, patience,. Too bad you are not a knitter--you could have blankets made for all of Las Vegas babies.

Eliza said...

Hunter seems to be o.k., just tired and cranky. The Dr. should be getting the blood work back today or tomorrow, so then we'll know. Now the odd thing is Audrey seems to have hives. EEEK!

Kris said...

Boy, I know you are done I wish they would let you out. Are the beds on wheels? If it happens again, could you just roll him out into the hall? Maybe you could roll your bed into the hall.

I'm glad Diana got home ok. It was fun to have her here.